Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shop Spring in your Closet!

In New York, just a ten degree increase in temperature can really ignite spring fever. After one of the coldest and most snowy winters, were just rounding out the last few hurdles.
 FINALLY
The dresses that  have been closeted by the winter doom will get to see the light of day!

                                                       Freedom at last.

Personally, I wear a dress or a wife beater (usually black) with jeggings or some kind of comfortable bottom. Thats my staple; my constant of clothing.
After that its all about the accessories and hair (half of my constant battle with being blonde.)

So today I decided to open up the doors
go shopping in my own closet
 and put some looks together for when I can come out of hibernation and store the uggs.

First: The dress. I picked an all Cotton jersey style, for comfort. Easy Breezy, but with a fun print (Note: the pink splatters on the design didn't pick up well in these shots; but are there and bright)

In the day time, I will wear this with black sandals or booties.


Second: The Dutchie (Master)
Done well, mixing different prints is one of the cutest and most daring ways to show your style. This Master piece, although it has an entirely different pattern, matches perfectly with the design print of the dress and its over all theme. Especially with the splashes of pink on both the Master hair piece and dress.


In the daytime Id roll with it on a side braid, or side fish tale braid with the Master piece clipped to the top/middle.



By night leave my hair down and  undone from the braids; a little wild with the Master piece on the side.


Third: Grab these kick ass bright pink shoes to tie together all the colors and push with one of the seasons biggest trends; bright colors.


If you don't have any bright colored pumps, or aren't up on wearing heels; the best way to tie your total look is with make up.

* A bright pink lip will add the same pull together of the color scheme.
I suggest YSL, Rouge Volupte; 10
Its the best bright pink lipstick Ive ever used and looks good on nearly any skin tone.



Or I could just wear my black wife beater, jeggings and This Master Hair Piece with the lipstick and make it a chill night....oh the options.

No comments:

Post a Comment