Saturday, March 5, 2011

C.Ducthie goes Retail

Why, congratulations Dutchie you've gone retail!

Oh, thank you...its no big deal. (Smiling ear to ear)


With a business that walks the boundaries of fashion meets one of a kind Art, its hard to place pieces in retail stores. Each being one of a kind, and all handmade by one person, we don't have the manufacturing aspect for retailers to buy pieces in bulk and therefore those that carry C.Dutchie have to be of a certain class and artistic appreciation. (And nothing feels better then to have someone appreciate the artistry of what you do.)

That's why I am proud to announce that the Dop Dop salon of Soho has taken on C.Dutchie and hand picked picked pieces to be sold retail there. And really whats a better spot then a very well known Hair salon, in the heart of the art and fashion streets of New York. Get you hair done and then have your stylist show you the ways you can wear your C.Dutchie Design.

The pieces sold at Dop Dop are:

*Femme Fetale
*Three Minutes
*Scar-Jo
*Single Pearl (Mini)
*Holla (Mini)
*Parting Gift
*Burn one down
*Golden ticket
*Mates of Soul

Speaking from experience now:

A few years ago...quite a few, I  had MAJOR hair TRAUMA. I had long blonde (as I usually do) hair; down to my elbows and the hair salon I was out accidentally dyed in JET BLACK. Talk about extremes. So when then unmentioned hair salon tried to get the color out I was left with jet black hair with orange stripes. Strike ONE. I then went to another well known establishment in the meatpacking district (Mind you I am spending HUNDREDS at this point) and instead of trying to lift the color all at once, they tried to highlight my already highlighted and dyed hair and it burned off. Imagine the horror of having someone brush ur hair while CLUMPS were falling to the ground....worst part, it was still black! Now with just a shade of green mixed in.

My hair was ruined. And I was miserable. After all that I just wanted my color back. I went all over New York to the most famous salons, willing to spend whatever it too and no one would touch my hair. They said I was stuck with it because it was beyond damaged....that's when I walked into Dop Dop and Met the owner and BEST COLORIST Ive ever met (and Ive met A LOT) and she on the first try was able to lift half the color without more damage. She instructed me on what to do with my hair and I came again in 2 weeks and she did the second lift, then went through each strand of hair only highlighting the pieces that weren't completely broken. She got my hair back to its color, with the least damage possible after all of New York wouldn't touch me. There is NO better colorist that I could recommend.

http://www.dopdop.com/site/main.html

The 4,000 square foot establishment is beautiful, comfortable, friendly and full of art and creative energies. The stylists are talented and range in price depending on how long they have been there and what level they are at. May I recommend Nancy Zenna for any cut; not only is she a talent, she listens and makes sure your vision is the same.

Please check out their sight for all your hair needs.

I couldn't be happier about the location!

No comments:

Post a Comment