Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Worst Grammy's Fashion Yet?

Award season is in the air, artists are on that creative tip and yet the Grammys ended up being somber display of...just bad taste.
I look for inspiration from these highly acclaimed designers, beautiful gowns and trends; I have found it to be of great pleasure to bring my own take on the styles of the red carpet to my pieces. But where am I going to draw from on this past award show?
Scrambled egg flower?
Gold sequins? Which seemed to be the look of the night (on Kim Kardashian; looking all J- Lo circa 2002, as well as among a few others.) But been there done that, C. Dutchie practically invented the gold sequin, and has numerous pieces to prove so.
Rhianna's performance dress was pretty, appropriate fire red theme...but ended up being a disheveled  version of the Mila dress from the SAGS. Snookie stepped it up, looking slimmer and added some "jersey glam" but the shoulder pads on the shoulders did nothing for her frame. So the search continues....Katy Perry, well a bra and a bottom really isn't a dress though I did like her performance and the wedding video to coincide with it. (Stay together Katy and Russell)


and that leaves me with just one, the best dressed, the always gorgeous Jennifer Lopez.


She looks flawless. Her legs more toned then EVER (attributed to her working with my fave, Tracy Anderson in the last month.) I mean we all know that shed look good in a brown paper bag, but this dress which to me looks like various cuts of broken glass (obviously the material less dangerous I love the symbolic nature of broken mirrors in general.) is the perfect "don't let a breeze blow" mini. The studded shoes and bag to die...and to think the mother of two is blowing the younger girls out of the water. This is how its done ladies, staying true to your own style, taking a risk and remembering that fashion should be fun, even with the return to Joan Rivers on the Fashion Police.

I'm going to see what I can use to pay homage to this dress in one of my next pieces, its just a matter of what materials wont set off metal detectors or be a safety hazard.
Well played Ms. Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment